Monday, February 7, 2011

Ape House Questions Chapters 1-12




1. What was your initial reaction to the idea of a language lab with bonobos who are capable of having conversations with humans?
I was very shocked at how the apes could communicate! Its amazing how they underfoot what the people were signing/saying to them. They responded back so well.

2. Isabel said early in the book that the apes know they're apes and know that the humans are humans, but they don't see any superiority with either... What do you think the major difference is between the two?
I think the big difference is that the apes love and care about everyone equally there's no difference between the species to them. Whereas the humans just see them as animals.

3. What are your thoughts on John and his feelings toward Isabel? How do you think their relationship will play out?
I think John connects with her on a deeper level than he realizes. I think they might end up together as the book goes on.

4. How do you think Isabel will respond to the apes being taken?
Isabel is going to be angry and heartbroken. I think she's going to fight to find them and get them back.

5. Do you think Celia is part of the team that ambushed the learning center?
I think Celia could have originally been part of the group but once she seen how things were with the apes I believe she opted out. I think she cares for the apes and Isabel.

6. What are your thoughts on John and his relationship with Amanda?
I don't believe their relationship is going to make it. Once she moves I think they are just going to separate more and more. They just don't seem right together.

2 comments:

BeckyJo606 said...

I think the same way you do about John and his wife--as much as I hate to admit it! Loved reading your thoughts! :)

Vee said...

I also agree with you about John and Amanda. I think they are dissolving.